It is early September 2017. ASP.NET Core 2.0 has been out for a week or so. My computer has it. There is a project that has been started in early days of ASP.NET Core 1.0 beta days. That start day we did not used ASP.NET Core because of its beta nature. Instead we went with ASP.NET and OWIN.
Today that ASP.NET Core is mature enough, we are going to upgrade our project to ASP.NET Core 2.0 on .Net Core. Hopefully we can soon develop and run the project in Ubuntu in addition to Windows!
Personally I have been working with Visual Studio Code for last year so I am comfortable with it. But as other teammates are using Visual Studio 2017 so I start my work from Visual Studio 2017. In future I can use Visual Studio Code in non fundamental code sessions.
Target project is a solution consisted of some projects. Each project is responsible for a set of functionalities. Project Domain for basic entities, enums, dtos, etc. Core mainly for business logic and Web for technologies related to web. Domain project is in lowest level, so I started with it.
Name-space and Nuget changes aside I encountered my first challenge while porting a class that was inheriting IdentityUser. Old identity can accept a row of generic parameters while Identity Core has changed them significantly.
This story is going to be continued…